With the election right around the corner, the races are heating up in Towns, Villages and Districts across the county however the one race that everyone seems to be watching is the battle for Rockland County District Attorney.
Civil Rights Attorney Michael Dietrich is running as an Independent while Judge Thomas Walsh has earned the Democratic, Republican and Conservative lines.
Judge Walsh has also received the support of virtually every organization that represents Law Enforcement Officers who work and/or live in Rockland County.
These organizations interview candidates seeking elected positions that interface with their members and then decide which candidate(s) they feel will best do the job. (Endorsement Letters are attached below.) Because of the New York State Criminal Justice Reform Act which is being implemented in January, these organizations feel that Judge Walsh has the knowledge, experience and integrity to best deal with this new law.
Law Enforcement Organizations supporting Judge Walsh include:
- Rockland County Corrections Officers Benevolent Association
- Rockland County Patrolman’s Benevolent Association (see member organizations below)
- South Nyack-Grand View
- Spring Valley
- Stony Point
- Rockland County Sheriff’s Office Patrol Division
- Rockland County Sheriff’s Office Civil Division
- Detectives’ Endowment Association, Police Department, City of New York
- Police Benevolent Association of the City of New York
- Police Benevolent Association of the New York State Troopers
- Westchester County Correction Officers Benevolent Association
- Westchester County Department of Correction Superior Officers Association