Back in 2012 when the Mounties last took the state hockey crown, the trip to Utica, NY was decidedly shorter than the trip to Buffalo at a mere 209.3 miles or 3 hours, 11 minutes.
For those heading to Buffalo to support the Suffern High School hockey team this weekend, the trip door-to-door from Suffern High to the Harborcenter is 352.5 miles or 5 hours and 46 minutes without stops for gas and potty breaks. One bonus for making the long drive is the on-premises Tim Horton’s Donut Shop–its a Canadian thing and most definitely a hockey thing.
The Mounties opponents, the Canton Golden Bears, are traveling a mere 275.4 miles or 4 hours, 26 minutes from near Messina, NY which is close to the Canadian border to reach the Frozen Four.
If you’re not up to making the trip to Buffalo this weekend, and let’s face it, there’s nothing quite like being there, you do have another option to watch the games and support everyone’s favorite hockey team. The High School Sports Network owns the live streaming rights and as such, they will be live streaming this weekend’s action from Buffalo. (Mounties games have been streamed on Facebook and Twitter in the past but apparently its frowned upon during the Frozen Four) The entire weekend which includes the division two games as well, will only set you back $9.95 for a subscription plus the cost of the snacks of your choice.
The Mounties face off in their semifinal match against the Canton Golden Bears at 2:15pm on Saturday March 9th.
Should the Suffern Mounties prevail over the Golden Bears, they will face the winner of the Orchard Park-Corcoran game on Sunday March 19th at 3:00pm. The second semifinal game will be broadcast on the same network at 4:30pm Saturday or when the Suffern game finishes should the Mounties choose to play another four overtime periods and engage in a shootout.
To subscribe to the live stream follow these simple instructions and enjoy:
- Click this link to visit our Subscriptions page: http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/subscribe/retail
- Click the “Select Plan” button beneath the MONTHLY PASS header, a check mark should appear.
- THIS STEP IS OPTIONAL If you want to support a NFHS Network Affiliate High School – you can enter that school’s name into the PICK A SCHOOL TO SUPPORT box. This contributes a small financial benefit to that high school and also allows you access to promotional subscription rates, if available. If you don’t have any schools to support or if your local high school is not an Official NFHS Affiliate School, simply leave the box blank.
- Press the “Continue to Checkout Now” button. Next, you’ll be prompted to enter your Personal Information.
- Please fill out all empty boxes, then check the box labelled “I accept the Terms and Conditions, am over the age of 13 and if under 18, have the permission of my parent/guardian.”
- Press the “Next” button. You’ll be prompted to review your order. Ensure that your order details are accurate, then press Proceed to Checkout.
- Enter your billing information into the appropriate boxes. Click the “Submit Payment” button to finalize the purchase and activate your subscription!
- Please note that monthly subscriptions automatically renew at the end of the 30 day service period. If you are not interested in having your subscription automatically renew, you can cancel it at any time by visiting this page: member.nfhsnetwork.com then clicking the “Cancel Auto-Renewal” text beneath the SUBSCRIPTIONS header. Make sure to press the blue “SAVE” button to save your modifications!
Link to the live stream of Suffern’s semifinal game:
Link to the Championship game at 3:00pm on March 10th:
WHAT ARE THE TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS TO STREAM EVENTS ON MY COMPUTER?
To watch videos on NFHSNetwork.com from your desktop, you will need:
- PC: Single Core CPU @ 2.4GHz or Dual Core CPU, 512 MB of RAM (minimum of 256 MB), 128 MB of Video RAM,Windows 7+
- Mac: 1.6Ghz Processor, 512 MB of RAM, OS X 10.6+
- Recommended Browsers: Internet Explorer 11+, Mozilla Firefox 22+, Safari 5+, Chrome 28+
- Screen Resolution: 1024×768 or higher with 32-bit color
- Recommended Connection Speed: 2 Mbps or greater
CAN I WATCH GAMES ON MY TABLET OR MOBILE DEVICE?
Yes, NFHS Network subscribers get exclusive mobile access to live games on the go. Watch your favorite high school sporting events whenever you want, where you want.
Using NFHSNetwork.com on your phone or tablet browser:
- Open your mobile web browser and go to nfhsnetwork.com just as you would on your desktop.
Remember: it’s $9.95/month but you must cancel or you’ll be billed each month.